Sunday, February 22, 2015

Inaugural Speech of WM Pat D. Noel - Feb. 21, 2015

Faith, Hope and Charity. But the greatest of these is Charity.

 

Very Worshipful Sirs, Worshipful Sirs, our honorable guest speaker who will be properly introduced later, brethren, sisters of the Amaranth and the Eastern Star, DeMolays, Jobs and Rainbows, friends of Masons, Ladies and Gentlemen, Good Evening!




First and foremost, let me thank my brethren of Iligan Lodge No. 207 for putting their trust and confidence in me.  It is in these two words that I anchor my term in serving you, all of you.  My gratitude also goes to all the brethren who are here present and those others, who wished to be here but due to some unavoidable circumstances, cannot.  Your presence means a lot to me, especially those who wish me well in my continuing journey in this time honored fraternity.



I will not say that there is nothing that I can ask of you…on the contrary, there are many.  Much has to be done not just in our lodge but outside of the confines of the four corners of our lodge.



For my term, I have chosen the theme to inspire me in our journey, “Fellowship and Charity is equal to Harmony, the Strength and Support of our Lodge!”



When I said that I will anchor my term in the two words, “Trust” and “Confidence”, it means that to attain Harmony, your trust and confidence in me and to the set of officers for this Masonic year really counts a lot.  I feel that it is not enough that you elect your officers and just wait if ever somebody will join in different activities initiated, but rather join in our lodge activities because of our love for our craft and to the lodge to where we belong. 



Various reasons enter my mind when we say success of the lodge depends on the Master. On the contrary, success of the lodge will definitely depend on the participation of all members.  I, as all Worshipful Masters ahead of me will promise to lead the lodge to a path of success and righteousness, but in reality, success of the lodge no matter what activity is lined-up will depend on each of us on how we participate and make our presence felt.



We have just a while ago turned over the reins of leadership to a new team.  Brethren, we are the team.  With pride we have always said that Iligan Lodge No. 207 has always been at the helm of leadership in the entire district.  I am not after the honor of being the best master, but I am after the slogan of our lodge, that always – Harmony is the strength of our Lodge…as proven by all masons and all lodges the world over since time immemorial that “Harmony is the strength and support of all societies, especially of ours. “




I therefore call upon all to rally not behind my leadership but behind our worshipful lodge, behind this time honored institution, behind our commitment to ourselves when we took the solemn obligation, when we made the vow at the preparation room, that we seriously declared…uninfluenced by mercenary motives, a sincere wish to be serviceable to your fellow creatures, etc., to work in harmony with everyone in and outside our lodge.



My wish then is for us to be happy, contented of all our work.  And with your trust and confidence, with your belief that our aim is but to be happy with what we are, who we are, where we are, to help others within our capability without expecting any compensation or reward in return, then finally we can face the world and say “I have become a better man because I am a Master Mason.”



My heartfelt thanks to my wife Binky, to all the better halves of our lives, our beloved partners, for giving their support in all our activities and of course, to our ever dependable Eddie DGM Empleo and his family for being there always.



Also my sincerest thanks to our guest speaker for granting us a portion of his valuable time, for making the journey to this memorable place and event, my uncle, Bro. Florencio “Bem” G. Noel of Makabugwas Lodge No. 47 of Tacloban City, to our installing team headed by WB RL, our installing officer, who came all the way from the other side of the world, VW Genesis Calit, our master of ceremony and to VW Fem Calio, our assistant MC.  To my forever boss, VW Henry C. Dy, to everyone who extended their assistance to me, you all know who you are…as they wouldn’t like their names to be mentioned.  To everyone, thank you.  And hope to see you during our stated meetings every 3rd Saturday of the month at 5 o’clock in the afternoon.



And finally in closing, let me end my speech with the ultimate gratitude and humility to the Great Architect of the Universe for blessing me with brothers who believes in the beauty of the craft, the beauty of brotherly love, the beauty of extending relief, and the beauty of knowing the truth.



Thank you and enjoy the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment