Thursday, November 18, 2010

Message from the Worshipful Master - November 20, 2010

Message from the Worshipful Master WB Oscar V. Badelles

AS THE DAY ENDS
From "Reflections On Masonic Values" by VW Mabini G. Hernandez

Before the sunset curtains the day's play
I ask myself, "what have I done for the day?"
If the blessings showered I have shared?
And the wounded I have cared?

If I had not,
Then let me share,
Let me care,
Not tomorrow, but today
Before the sunset curtains the day's play.

     Frankly, the message of this verse resonated so strongly that it made me ponder, at the twilight of my term, if I have shared, cared and done enough during my tour in the east.  Only you, my brother, knows the answer to that question.  I am nevertheless sharing its message that before you say adios and good bye amigo, make sure that you have made your peace, specially with the GAOTU.  That one should never give up even if it appears to be already late in the day - there is enough time to do that which is just and right.

     Along this line, I urge the brethren to continue your support for the remaining activities of our lodge.  And the one area where your cooperation is most needed is in the attendance during our lodge meetings and activities.  This Saturday morning, we will be hosting again the Walk For Your Health.  And needless to remind you, we shall have our annual elections next month and your presence thereat is indispensable.  Also next month, we are expecting a visit from the brethren of our sister lodge, Leonardo T. PaƱares Lodge.  Let us reciprocate the warm welcome and fellowship they extended to us during our visit to their lodge.  The will be followed by our joint Christmas Party with the brethren of Judge Valerio V. Rovira Lodge No. 259.

     In closing, I would like to greet our Muslim brothers and sisters on the occasion of the festival of sacrificial offering known as Eid al-Adha.  Congratulations also to all Hajjis for carrying out one of the five pillars of their Islamic duty.

- - - - - -
Greetings to our NOVEMBER BIRTHDAY CELEBRANTS:

Bro. Camar A. Umpa - Nov. 3
Bro. Aurelio A. Dacalos, Jr. - Nov. 11
WB Victor G. Mariano - Nov. 11
VW Henry C. Dy - Nov. 14
Bro. Cristito Dinopol, Jr. - Nov. 27

- - - - - -
Felicitations also to WB Alvin & Sis Jackie Bacolod on their WEDDING ANNIVERSARY on November 17th.

- - - - - -
"The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it." - Carl Jung


          

No comments:

Post a Comment